Have you ever considered donating stock to a nonprofit like Spurwink? A gift of appreciated securities (stocks) can offer advantages not only to the donor, but to the community as a whole.
- Save on Taxes: For securities held longer than one year, you can deduct their full fair market value, regardless of what you originally paid for them.
- Avoid capital gains: Capital gains taxes do not apply to the transfer of stock.
- Make a difference: You can invest in Spurwink’s programs, making Maine a healthier place to live and work.
The process is simple:
- Tell your bank or broker the stock name and number of shares to be transferred from your account to Spurwink at:
KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc.
DTC (Depository Trust Company) #0443
Account # RF4403042
Reference: Your name
- Contact Kristen Farnham, Vice President of Development at Spurwink, firstname.lastname@example.org or 207-871-1211, so that we can provide you with a proper gift acknowledgment.