At Spurwink, we are living out our commitment to continue critical mental health treatment to our 8,100 clients and anyone who needs help. We are doing this in person at our child and adult residential programs and nursing home; via distance learning in our schools; and through telehealth in our outpatient programs. Many people have asked how they can help Spurwink, and its clients. We wanted to share here a few ways that you can be a helper (as Mister Rogers would say):
- Donate. Earlier this week, we responded to urgent community need and launched the Access to Mental Health Care Fund to provide critical mental health treatment for our neighbors. This fund will allow us to meet the need of our 8,100 current clients as well as anyone who needs support. Please give if you are able. Thank you to those who have donated already! Click here to see News Center Maine’s story on the Access to Mental Health Care Fund.
- Join the Spurwink team. We are hiring in multiple locations. If you are already happily employed, please let others know we are Hiring.
- Connect with us. We are publishing a lot of information about how to care for yourself and others. Follow us on Facebook, read our blogs, and share with others. If you or a loved one needs treatment, please call 207-871-1200 or email email@example.com.
- Create masks. Help keep our staff and clients safe and healthy. Our child and adult residential programs and nursing home are open and full. We have a critical need for Personal Protection Equipment. Donations can be dropped off at 901 Washington, Suite 100 Portland, ME 04103, from 9 am to 3 pm Monday through Friday. For links on mask instructions see our Facebook page.
- Add “Spurwink” as your nonprofit beneficiary when using Amazon Smile.
- Send an encouraging card for our staff working on the front lines. You can mail to: Spurwink, 901 Washington Avenue, Suite 100 Portland, ME 04101, Attn: Encouragement or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for being a helper!