A huge thank you to our dedicated community partners and all who contributed to this year’s school supply drive, helping children and families to start the 2023-24 school year off on the right foot. Over $3,000 in cash and gift cards, and hundreds of school supplies were donated to Spurwink Education Services and Outpatient and Community Service programs. A special thank you to Boulos Asset Management and The Boulos Company, Bangor Savings Bank, Spectrum, and The Power of Elle for their very generous employee drives and donations.
By donating to the school supply drive, you helped:
- Caseworkers meet the needs of the kids they work with, so they had their backpacks filled that first day of school with all the supplies they needed;
- Provide school supplies for all four of Spurwink’s Special Education Schools (Staff were thrilled to start the school year with supplies for their students!);
- Enable a client in our Outpatient Services Case Management program to purchase a graphic calculator for a high school math class;
- Fund finger painting and craft supplies for students to express their thoughts and emotions to create their own masterpieces;
- Fund gift cards for families to experience the joy of back-to-school shopping and the ability to pick out that backpack or lunch box that fits their style; and
- Supply fidget toys to students to help keep anxiety at bay while trying to focusing on lessons.
We know that school readiness is linked to academic success, and improved social, economic, and health outcomes for children and families. And while the individuals and families we serve have hardships, donations from our community help ensure students are set up to learn optimally and build resilience to be successful this school year and beyond. Thank you!