The health and well-being of our staff, clients, and community are at the forefront of the work that we do. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we’ve implemented safety measures at all of our sites, like using social distancing, enhancing hygiene protocols, and implementing remote working/meetings and telehealth. But what can you and your family do to stay healthy and safe?
It sounds simple, but the best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus. Some ways to do this, as recommended by the CDC, are:
- Clean your hands often by washing them with soap and water for 20 seconds or using hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol;
- Avoid touching your face (yes, we know this one is tough!);
- Keep your distance from other people and avoid close contact with people who are sick;
- Cover coughs and sneezes with the inside of your elbow or a tissue and throw it away afterwards;
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces.
We encourage these recommendations and will continue to monitor rapidly changing information, and share what we are doing with the community. Be well!
Visit the CDC’s website for more prevention tips and information at www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prepare/prevention.html. If we here at Spurwink can help you through these times, and if you would like to talk to a trained professional, you can contact us at The Link at 1-888-889-3903 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also search here for a clinician near you: providers.spurwink.org.