- This event has passed.
Southern Maine Autism Conference
March 18 @ 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Pine Tree Society and Spurwink are pleased to present the 9th annual Southern Maine Autism Conference! The conference is designed for parents and family members of children with autism spectrum disorders, as well as their educators and other service providers. Our attendees will leave with practical tools and strategies that can be implemented immediately in the home, school and community. Maybe more importantly, we work hard to create an environment of networking and support. You will meet others who understand – and hopefully you will stay connected beyond the end of the day.
Register for free at http://www.maineautismconference.org/
Jed Baker, Ph.D – Managing Frustration and Anxiety in Caregivers and Clients
Individuals with ASD, ADHD, anxiety, mood disorders, and learning challenges often present with difficulty regulating feelings. This workshop first describes how caregivers can best think about difficult behaviors in order to achieve better outcomes. Then it will outline ways to de-escalate crises and create prevention plans to reduce debilitating anxiety and frustration.
Breakout Sessions (watch here for updates)
- The Behavioral – Communication Connection
- Strategies to help Children with Disabilities Achieve Healthy, Active Lifestyles
- Life Improvised: Creative Music Making for Social Skills, Schedules, and Quality Time
- A Mandala of Pediatric Integrative Medicine: Pendulum Paradigms of Health and Healing in ASD
- New Findings in Older Adults with Autism