Spurwink’s centralized referral department, The Link, launched in April of 2015. The aim of the department is to improve operational excellence and programmatic effectiveness by ensuring accessibility, prompt response, and excellent customer service whenever there is an inquiry, referral, or request to the agency pertaining to a community member in need.
The Spurwink Link “links” individuals and family members to the many programs offered at Spurwink, including:
- Outpatient Counseling
- Public School Counseling
- Functional Family Therapy
- Shifa Maine: Trauma Systems Therapy for Refugees
- Behavioral Health Home Case Management
- Opioid Health Homes and Medication Assisted Treatment
- Medication Management
- Adult Assertive Community Treatment
- Adult Community Case Management
- Shared Living
- Children’s Residential
- A Family For Me: Foster Parent Recruitment
The Link also processes many inquiries that do not result in referrals to Spurwink for a variety of reasons. When internal services are not an option, the Link staff are knowledgeable and supportive in providing information about external resources that might help meet their needs.
Meet the Link Coordinators:
The Link team is comprised of three dedicated individuals who have a heart for helping others.
- Gina Heroux has worked for Spurwink for 13 years and started in our finance department before transitioning to the Link team at the department’s inception. Gina says, “Every time I pick up the phone, there is an opportunity to create something good for the benefit of others. Repeatedly, callers have expressed such sincere gratitude at the end of a call that someone has taken the time to listen, engage, and advocate with a caring and diligent heart while they have shared their concerns and needs. I treasure their gifts of gratitude, but I also treasure the understanding that somehow, these interactions make a difference for others, and that they are in service to a greater good. I couldn’t possibly believe otherwise.”
- Robert Baillargeon is also Link Team pioneer and has been a dedicated member of the team since the beginning. Robert expresses, “I love finding ways to communicate effectively with people from such a broad variety of life experiences. It’s rewarding whenever someone starts to speak comfortably and responsively because they feel like their message is coming across to me.”
- In January 2017 Maryellen Sullivan joined The Link team, and The Link assumed responsibility for the processing of referrals to Spurwink’s Children’s Residential programs. Since this time Maryellen has been working diligently to meet high referral demands and streamline processes. Maryellen says, “I know it can be really hard for individuals and families in challenging situations to find the help they need. I also know what a HUGE difference it can make, when they do find it. I am happy to do my small part, in connecting as many people as possible, with life-changing services.”
How Link Can Help You!
Anyone wishing to make a referral or to learn more about Spurwink’s service array, eligibility requirements, or general program information is welcome to contact The Spurwink Link. The Link team can be reached Monday-Friday 8am-4:30pm. To reach a Link Coordinator please call us at (207) 871-1200 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are happy to assist you!