Spurwink supports the civic engagement of our friends, colleagues and clients. As you know, the general election is on Tuesday, November 8, and it’s important to make a plan to vote. Absentee ballots are now available throughout our state and voter registration is available. Following is some voting information that we hope will be helpful to you leading up to November 8.
There are a number of ways to vote:
1) Vote absentee by mail: If you prefer to vote absentee, you can request a ballot by calling your Town or City Clerk or filling out this online request with the Secretary of State. The deadline to request an absentee ballot online is 5 p.m. on Thursday, November 3rd.
Once you have received your ballot, you can return it by mail or in person by dropping it at your Town or City Hall (or in the secure drop box outside if your town has provided one). Absentee ballots must be received by 8 p.m. on Election Day.
2) Vote absentee in person: Did you know that Maine is one of the states that offers in-person absentee voting? If you prefer to vote absentee in person, you can do so at your Town or City Hall through the Thursday before Election Day (unless unless special circumstances exist). Call your Town or City Hall, or check your Town or City website, for details. You can look up their contact information here.
3) Vote in person on Election Day, Tuesday, November 8th: Most polling places open at 7:00 a.m. and close at 8:00 p.m. You can look up your polling place location here.
Not registered to vote yet? Maine has same-day voter registration, which means you can register to vote up to and including Election Day! Voters can submit registration forms by mail or by third person by the close of business on October 18, 2022. You can register to vote here.
Learn more: If you have questions, the Maine Secretary of State provides a wealth of information at www.maine.gov/sos/cec/elec/. Here are some of the helpful resources:
- Resources on Ranked Choice Voting (RCV), including sample ballots
- Absentee Voting Guide
- Voter Registration Guide
- Maine Voter Information Lookup Service, which includes information on your polling place, districts, and more
Thanks for joining us in voting this year!