- This event has passed.
2017 Humanitarian Awards
October 12 @ 6:00 pm - 9:30 pm
Mary Allen Lindemann & Alan Spear, Co-founders, Coffee by Design
Lamey Wellehan Shoes, Corporate Care Award
Meagen Mayo, Spurwink Staff Recognition Award
6:00 pm – 7:00 pm Cocktails & Silent Auction
7:00 pm – 9:30 pm Dinner, Awards, & Live Auction
Attire: Evening Cocktail
About the Event
Spurwink’s 31st annual signature gala welcomes 500 attendees, many of them from the corporate sector, including banking, law firms and technology, while honoring corporate and community leaders who exemplify Spurwink’s mission of going the distance.
Our gala theme this year is “Youth in Transition: Taking Flight.” When our young clients reach the ages of 18-21, there is very little support available to them as they leave the safety of Spurwink. We strive to prepare them as well as possible, through our schools, residential homes, and programs that are geared towards pre-vocational training, such as woodworking, culinary arts, and engine repair. Unfortunately, many statewide resources to help youth in transition have been reduced and Spurwink is charged with raising the funds needed to ensure that we can give youth the best possible chance to transition to an independent future.
Your support is crucial to ensure these opportunities can continue throughout the school year and beyond.
Check out photos from last year’s event at Circus Maine!
Celebrate the best of Maine, the uniqueness of Portland, and see cities beyond. Our first gala silent and live auction brings you exciting experiences and desirable items. Special thanks to auctioneer Michael Carey, Senior Vice President, Tranzon Auction Properties!
Live Auction Packages
– Lights, Camera, Action! You and a guest will visit the set of Tina Fey’s break-out NBC hit, “Great News,” in Los Angeles and meet available cast and crew. While you’re in LA, you’ll stay at the Hotel Amarano in Burbank and enjoy two VIP passes to Universal Studios Hollywood.
So Nice They Named It Twice: A private flight for up to four people to New York City, including round-trip transfers from the airport to Manhattan, and a two night stay for two at the Hyatt House in Chelsea.
– Vino Delight: A private wine tasting for up to 10 people with sommelier Erica Archer of the always popular Wine Wise cruises.
– If We Took a Holiday: Get away from it all with two round-trip economy tickets on JetBlue and a week-long stay at a private home in Lake Tahoe.
Silent Auction Packages
– Best of Portland: An overnight stay for two at the Press Hotel, including breakfast, as well as dinner at Union, two tickets to the Portland Symphony Orchestra’s “Magic of Christmas,” and four tickets to Maine Live 2018.
– Sports Fans!: Two round-trip tickets on the Amtrak Downeaster and two tickets to catch a Boston Celtics game.
– Maine – The Way Life Should Be, Package 1: A Turner Farm barn supper and a one night stay at Nebo Lodge on North Haven for two, as well as a subscription to Down East Magazine.
– Maine – The Way Life Should Be Package 2: Two nights for two at the Inn at Ocean’s Edge in Lincolnville, along with dinner for two at Long Grain, a copy of Art of Acadia, and two passes to the Farnsworth Museum.
– Maine – The Way Life Should Be Package 3: Two nights for two at 250 Main in Rockland and a copy of Philip Barter: Forever Maine, along with two passes to the Farnsworth Museum.
– Come Fly With Me: A private round-trip flight for two people for an afternoon in Bar Harbor with lunch at Side Street Cafe.
– Raise Your Glass: A selection of elegant wines, a tour of Rising Tide brewery, and a gift certificate to Little Tap House.
– Designer Dream: A stunning carpet from Angela Adams, a $100 gift certificate to Jill McGowan, a Lux Bra Fitting Party at Aristelle, an exclusive package from k collette , and a bracelet from The ROPES in Portland.
– Foodies: A selection of gift certificates to some of Portland’s greatest restaurants and cafes, including a three-course dinner for two at Inn by the Sea, along with a $100 Buoy Local gift card.
– All That Glitters: Sterling Silver “Today Tomorrow Forever” Stamped Cuff Bracelet by Heather B. Moore.
– You’re A Grand Old Flag: Donated by Senator Susan Collins, this flag will be flown over the U.S. Capitol Building in Washington, D.C. The winner will choose the date and in whose honor it is flown.
Foreside Financial Group, LLC | Martin’s Point Health Care
Aetna | Androscoggin Bank Bangor Savings Bank | Bath Savings Trust Company
Behavioral Information Systems | Camden National Bank | Cate Street Capital | Cross Insurance
KeyBank | Kelly, Remmel, & Zimmerman | L.L. Bean | Sheridan Construction Company | WEX Corporation
CORPORATE TABLE SPONSOR
Bernstein Shur | Gorham Savings Bank | J.B. Brown & Sons
Marcus Clegg | PC Construction Company
The Barbara Bush Children’s Hopsital at Maine Medical Center
Wright-Ryan Construction | Yankee Ford
VIP Host Committee
Tari & Ranjiv Advani
Ari & Kirsten Berman
Jessica Estes & Steve Arnold
Theresa A. Kelly & Stephen Neill
Christina & John McAnuff
Eric Meyer, Pat McKenzie, & Family
Alistair Raymond & Lisa Thomas
Matthew G. Winch & Jennifer L. Garrett
Joseph & Susan Alexander
Scott & Sarah Boone
John D. Duffy
John C. & Joan Everett
Kristen & Bob Farnham
Celine & Chris Kuhn
Bette & Sam Novick
Abraham & Jean Peck
Sam & Teresa Pierce
Heather Shields & Lee Lindenau
Betsy & Rob Tod
April E. Ylvisaker