Spurwink has received a grant from the Abbagadassett Foundation to launch Next Gen, a Nonprofit Leadership Program that will offer paid internship opportunities for college students focused on nonprofit leadership and mental health in Maine. Spurwink will host the first cohort of interns this summer, who will support departments across the agency and develop a capstone project aligned with their focus of study.
These internships will be held at our administrative headquarters in Portland, Maine, and are offered from one of the following departments: Human Resources, Information Technology, Advancement, Finance, Continuous Quality Improvement, and Outpatient and Community Services.
Details of Internship
- Location: Portland, Maine
- Type of internship: Hybrid position (mostly in-person)
- Program duration: 10 weeks
- Time period: June 3rd – August 9th
- Hours per week: 32 hours/week
- Personal Computer: Each intern will receive a laptop during the internship
- Ability to commute to Portland, Maine four days a week
- Ability to use Microsoft 365
- Attend a weekly reflection session with the cohort
- Learn weekly with the support of a mentor and supervisor
- Create a capstone project, sharing educational goals, skills learned, and experiences
Questions & Contact
Internship Coordinator Brian Thill has joined Spurwink’s HR department to lead the program. If you have questions or know someone who may be interested in this opportunity, contact Brian at firstname.lastname@example.org or (207) 804-6800.
Apply Online at spurwink.org/careers.